Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Busy, busy, busy!



I want to start this post by wishing my favorite boy a very Happy 7th Birthday! It's hard for me to imagine that I actually have a seven year old son, but he's the best little man any mom could ask for.
Since his birthday is only 3 days before Christmas, we try really hard to keep the two celebrations completely separate. So this year we allowed him to choose a few friends and took them to a restaurant with tokens and games....and chaos! He and his friends had a blast, and that's all that matters to me. Plus not having to clean the house after the mess was a HUGE plus!

Christmas Eve had me in the kitchen preparing Wiligia (va-lee-ah) - a Polish Christmas Eve tradition in my mom's family. I made homemade cheese pierogis, keilbasa, kapusta, and other great favorites of mine. Every single food there is one of my comfort foods. Christmas Eve has always been my absolute favorite. We would gather at my Babci & Dziadziu's (grandma and grandpa in Polish) house and just have a blast with our family. Those are the fondest memories I have of my childhood. Family, food, presents and fun - who could ask for more?!

My family has since scattered across the country and I miss each and every one of you terribly. But I take great comfort in sharing the traditions I grew up having with my own children.

Christmas Day was pure chaos as the kiddies ripped open all their gifts. They were so cute!!! We then spent the day at my parent-in-laws house opening yet more gifts and eating still more food! I will have to really make a New Year's resolution to lose weight after this weekend. Speaking of, I've seen a few photographers that I really admire come up with a 101 things to accomplish in 1001 days. I really want to do that.


It's resolution time for me, so I plan on sitting down over the next few days coming up with my goals for the year, but I plan on creating the 101 list and posting it online to help keep track (and maybe get a bit of help/support from all of you to complete the list).

Merry Christmas to you all!!!!

No comments: