Friday, October 5, 2007

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month Promotion



I always wish I had the time/money/energy to give to thousands of very worthy causes. I'm the kind of person who always wants to do more, but never finds the time or means to. I'm also the kind of person who cries everytime I see the Jimmy Fund ads before movies - you know the one with the construction workers who wrote the kids' names on the steel cross beams? Yeah, I cry EVERY time.
So instead of just sitting by this year wishing I would do more, I decided to become a bit active in one cause that hits near and dear to my heart: breast cancer. Today I am taking part in a local walk to support a woman who is currently going through chemotherapy. I (of course!) will bring my camera and hope to post some images up tonight or tomorrow.



In addition, I'm running a promotion for the entire month of October. I will donate 20% of all deposits received in October directly to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation. I would really like to get a great donation together to send over. When October is over, I will proudly announce how much I was able to raise for this very worthy cause.

No comments: